World Thrombosis Day (WTD) 2018 is right around the corner on 13 October! Have you gathered your network and finalized your plans to raise awareness? If not, do not worry — there is still time to get involved. Join us as we recognize the fifth anniversary of the WTD campaign and celebrate the entire week leading up to 13 October!
At this time, we have more than 1,300 partner organizations organizing more than 8,000 events, activities, programs, classes and outreach efforts around the world during October in the spirit of building awareness. Every activity is worthwhile and pushes toward our collective mission of shining a spotlight on the burden of thrombosis in an effort to save lives around the world.
Please review the list below for important reminders and WTD 2018 offerings and activities that you can participate in no matter where you live. Questions? Contact campaign headquarters at email@example.com. Thank you for your partnership and incredible enthusiasm as we elevate awareness about blood clots around the world!
- Add your event or activity to the WTD website so that we can track your global activities. Additionally, make sure to register FREE as a WTD campaign official partner.
- Update your profile picture or the profile picture of your organization with ease using our WTD 2018 badge creator. Share on your social media channels using the hashtag #WTDay18.
- If you have a website, proudly post your WTD supporter badge.
- On Twitter? Don’t miss this year’s highly anticipated WTD 2018 Twitter Chat #ClotChat on Friday, October 12, at 10:00 a.m. US EST, featuring special guest moderator Dr. C. Michael Gibson, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and Founder of WikiDoc. Special thanks to exclusive media co-hosts Everyday Health, Medscape Education, and The Economist Intelligence Unit. If you plan to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an advance copy of the Twitter Chat Run-of-Show.
- Attend the WTD 2018 Webinar on Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 10:00-11:00 am US EST. Join leading experts Dr. Gary Raskob and Dr. Jeffrey Weitz for an insightful discussion on “Hospital-Associated Venous Thromboembolism: What You Need to Know.” Proudly co-hosted by the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the webinar offers an exclusive presentation followed by an interactive Q&A session. Registration is free and all are welcome to attend. Click here to register now.
- Send us your WTD photos! We love photos and proudly post on all social media channels as well as the WTD website. Email photos to us at email@example.com.
- Send video of your WTD activities! Email all files to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share via Twitter and Facebook! Get recognized for your outstanding efforts to build awareness.