The International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis and Medscape Education are pleased to announce the launch of a new online education course module now available for healthcare professionals. The course, “Preventing Thrombosis During and Post-Hospitalization: New Paradigms in Clinical Care,” was developed on behalf of the World Thrombosis Day campaign.
This activity is intended for cardiologists, hematology/oncology specialists, primary care physicians, internal medicine specialists, surgeons, nurses, and all other hospital-based healthcare providers who care for patients at risk for venous thromboembolism (VTE). Click here to access the module.
- VTE in the Hospital: Focus on the Global Burden of Disease
- Which Patients Are at Increased Risk?
- VTE Prevention in the Hospital
- Emerging Role of DOACs in VTE Prevention
- VTE and Coordination of Care
- Claire McLintock, MBChB, FRACP, FRCPA
- Walter Ageno, MD, PhD
- Pantep Angchaisuksiri, MD
- Beverley J. Hunt, MD, FRCP, FRCPath
All sections of this module are required for CME credit. Please note that a free Medscape account is required in order to access the module.
Special thanks to Bayer AG, Daiichi Sankyo, LEO Pharma A/S, and Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.