The World Thrombosis Day (WTD) campaign proudly announces the launch of its new campaign for 2020 centered on the theme of Eyes Open to Thrombosis.
Why Eyes Open to Thrombosis? The WTD campaign believes that eyes are windows to the mind. With continued lack of awareness of thrombosis—by health care professionals, the general public and policy makers—WTD 2020 wants to capitalize on the importance of building awareness by breaking through the chaos of life and touching the mind. Eyes Open to Thrombosis encourages people to not wait until tomorrow and open their eyes to thrombosis today.
The WTD campaign continues its mission to increase global awareness of thrombosis, including its causes, risk factors, signs/symptoms and evidence-based prevention and treatment.
The new theme of Eyes Open to Thrombosis will be woven into offerings throughout the year, from collateral and resources, to digital events and activities. Partners will have the opportunity to utilize the thematic imagery at their events and activities and translate it into local languages.
The WTD 2020 campaign plan includes exciting new programs to engage the community and support the more than 2,000 WTD partners around the world. See below for a list of a few of the many new offerings this year:
- Updated collateral and messaging related to hospital-associated thrombosis, cancer-associated thrombosis, and gender-specific risks
- Launch of WTD Activity of the Year Award – plus the continuation of WTD Ambassador of the Year Award
- Launch of new series of Facebook Live interviews to educate and engage WTD followers on various topics throughout the year
- Opportunities to engage patients and survivors through the new Be Clot Courageous campaign
- New research and publications
- Refreshed media relations program with nearly 10 global markets
- New translations available in Spanish, Japanese, and Portuguese
An informational webinar about the WTD 2020 plan will be provided to WTD partners on Wednesday, May 13, at 11:00 a.m. US ET. Registration information will be available soon. Mark your calendar and plan to attend!