WTD 2023 Patient Ambassador of the Year Award
The WTD 2023 Patient Ambassador of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding, passionate member of the thrombosis advocacy community who is dedicated to building awareness about thrombosis in his/her community, region, country, and/or globally.
Nomination Criteria: Eligible candidates for the WTD 2023 Patient Ambassador of the Year Award include a thrombosis advocate, thrombosis patient, thrombosis survivor, community volunteer, and/or a thrombosis-related organization representative. An ideal candidate is also a WTD registered partner. Please note that healthcare professionals and current WTD steering committee members are not eligible to apply. Previous winners are not eligible.
*You can nominate yourself for this award, or you may nominate someone else. Both options are accepted.
- Exemplify a passion and willingness to build awareness about thrombosis in his/her community, region, country, and/or globally.
- Demonstrate willingness to achieve the mission of the WTD campaign.
- Lead or help support at least one (1) thrombosis awareness activities (either online or in-person) and make a meaningful impact. Examples may include: organizing awareness activities in the local community, hosting a virtual conference, sharing personal story with others, volunteering or working for an advocacy organization, volunteering or working in the healthcare field, sharing thrombosis educational resources, etc.
- Motivate others within thrombosis advocacy programs in communities and countries around the world.
- Exhibit innovative approaches to raise awareness and/or accomplish advocacy goals.
- Comfortable speaking to others about thrombosis awareness and the reason why he/she is dedicated to this cause.
Award Benefits: The WTD 2023 Patient Ambassador of the Year receives the following prize package:
- Opportunity to serve on the WTD Steering Committee as a patient representative for a term of up to two (2) years.
- Full paid travel stipend to the next ISTH annual congress for one (1) person. Stipend includes roundtrip economy-plus airfare (to be approved by ISTH), up to five (5) nights hotel accommodation, full congress registration and daily meal stipend. Stipend is subject to final approval by the ISTH.
- Complimentary WTD prize pack for use at the winner’s next WTD event/activity, including up to 10 WTD awareness T-shirts, 100 WTD lapel pins, and 100 WTD awareness bracelets.
- Ceremonial award plaque.
- Visibility on the ISTH WTD communication channels.
Are you ready to submit a nomination? Complete the online nomination form below.