World Thrombosis Day 2023 Activity of the Year (2 award categories)
NOTE: The call for nominations is now closed. Nominations are no longer accepted at this time. Winners will be announced in October 2023. If you have questions about a nomination, please contact the WTD campaign team.
The World Thrombosis Day (WTD) 2023 Activity of the Year Award recognizes WTD partner groups or organizations that has shown outstanding effort in raising awareness of thrombosis on a local, regional or global level by organizing an engaging and successful event and/or activity in recognition of WTD.
NEW: This award is offered in two categories. Two winners will be selected this year:
- Award #1: Partner organization from a high-income country
- Award #2: Partner organization from a low or middle income country as designed by the ISTH Reach-the-World program (see list here)
Eligibility: Eligible candidates must be a WTD partner organization/group, such as healthcare facilities, hospital departments and/or teams, awareness organizations, non-government organizations (NGOs), and/or advocacy organizations. Individual candidates will not be considered. The WTD event and/or activity took place within the previous calendar year (e.g., January-December 2022) in support of the WTD global campaign. Interested candidates may self-nominate for this award, or someone may submit a nomination on the organization’s behalf. Corporate supporters are not eligible to apply.
Specific eligibility criteria for the organization:
- Exemplify a passion and willingness to build awareness about thrombosis in the organization’s community, region, country, and/or globally.
- Demonstrate willingness to achieve the mission of the WTD campaign by seeking to increase global awareness of thrombosis, including its causes, risk factors, signs/symptoms and evidence-based prevention and treatment, ultimately striving to reduce death and disability caused by the condition.
- Being an official WTD partner organization is required.
- Organize at least one (1) thrombosis awareness activity. Both virtual and in-person activities are welcome and will receive equal consideration.
- The event/activity should motivate others within thrombosis advocacy programs in communities and countries around the world and exhibit innovative approaches to raise awareness and/or accomplish advocacy goals.
- Representative from the organization should be comfortable speaking to others about thrombosis awareness and the reason why the organization is dedicated to the cause.
Award Benefits: The WTD 2023 Activity of the Year is awarded to two award winners as outlined above. Each award winning organization receives the following prize package:
- $1,000 USD donation to the winner’s organization/charity.
- (1) complimentary exhibition booth space at the next ISTH annual congress to promote the winning organization’s programs and offerings (booth space and location to be determined by ISTH). This is for the booth space only and does NOT include travel fees or congress registration.
- Complimentary WTD activity award prize pack for use at the winner’s next WTD event/activity, including 10 WTD T-shirts and 25 bracelets or pins.
- Ceremonial award plaque.
- Feature interview promoted via WTD and ISTH communication channels and visibility on the ISTH WTD communication channels.