Submit a Nomination for the World Thrombosis Day 2021 Awards
***AWARD NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED***
Do you know an inspiring thrombosis advocate, patient, or survivor in your community? Did your organization host a successful event or activity for World Thrombosis Day (WTD)? Did you attend a spectacular WTD event last year that is worthy of being recognized?
If you answered YES to any of the above, we invite you to submit your nominations for the WTD 2021 awards program, which recognizes inspiring individuals and organizations who are dedicated to thrombosis awareness and advocacy in their communities.
The WTD campaign is proud to offer two award opportunities this year:
WTD 2021 Ambassador of the Year (Individuals)
WTD 2021 Activity of the Year (Organizations)
The WTD awards are an exciting opportunity to recognize a thrombosis "superstar" in your community, whether it be an individual or an organization. See below for more information about each award. Submit a nomination by completing the online form(s) via the links below.
*Nominations are now closed.*
Looking for inspiration? Read about our past WTD award winners and learn about their tremendous advocacy work. If you have questions about the WTD awards, please contact the campaign team at email@example.com.
World Thrombosis Day 2021 Ambassador of the Year Award
The WTD campaign welcomes submissions for the WTD 2021 Ambassador of the Year Award, which recognizes an outstanding, passionate member of the thrombosis advocacy community who is dedicated to building awareness about thrombosis in his/her community, region, country, and/or globally.
Eligible candidates for the WTD 2021 Ambassador of the Year Award include thrombosis advocates, thrombosis patients, thrombosis survivors, community volunteers, and/or a thrombosis-related organization representatives. Ideal candidates are WTD registered partners (although not required). Please note that healthcare professionals and current WTD steering committee members are not eligible to apply. The nomination deadline is July 21, 2021.
Note: Nominations are now closed.
• Exemplify a passion and willingness to build awareness about thrombosis in his/her community, region, country, and/or globally.
• Demonstrate willingness to achieve the mission of the WTD campaign.
• Lead or help support at least two (2) thrombosis awareness activities (either online or in-person) and make a meaningful impact. Examples include: organizing awareness activities in the local community, sharing personal story with others, volunteering or working for an advocacy organization, volunteering or working in the healthcare field, sharing thrombosis educational resources, etc.
• Motivate others within thrombosis advocacy programs in communities and countries around the world.
• Exhibit innovative approaches to raise awareness and/or accomplish advocacy goals.
• Comfortable speaking to others about thrombosis awareness and the reason why he/she is dedicated to this cause.
The WTD 2021 Ambassador of the Year winner receives the following prize benefits:
• Donation to a thrombosis charity of the winner’s choice (subject to ISTH approval).
• Opportunity to contribute and participate on the WTD global steering committee.
• Complimentary WTD prize pack to be used at the winner’s next WTD event/activity, including WTD t-shirts and bracelets.
• Commemorative award plaque.
• Announcement on ISTH and WTD communication channels, including a press release and social media outreach, as well as continued promotional features throughout the year.
World Thrombosis Day 2021 Activity of the Year Award
The WTD 2021 Activity of the Year Award recognizes a WTD partner group or organization that has shown outstanding effort in raising awareness of thrombosis on a local, regional, or global level by organizing an engaging and successful event and/or activity in recognition of WTD.
Eligible candidates must be a WTD partner organization/group, such as healthcare facilities, hospital departments and/or teams, awareness organizations, non-government organizations (NGOs), and/or advocacy organizations. Individual candidates will not be considered. The WTD event and/or activity must be held within the previous calendar year (e.g., January 2020 - December 2020) in support of the WTD global campaign.
Interested candidates may self-nominate for this award, or someone may submit a nomination on the organization’s behalf. Corporate supporters are not eligible to apply.
If you plan to submit a nomination for multiple events/activities, please complete a separate nomination form for each event/activity. The nomination deadline is July 21, 2021.
Note: Nominations are now closed.
Specific eligibility criteria:
• Exemplify a passion and willingness to build awareness about thrombosis in the organization’s community, region, country, and/or globally.
• Demonstrate willingness to achieve the mission of the WTD campaign by seeking to increase global awareness of thrombosis, including its causes, risk factors, signs/symptoms and evidence-based prevention and treatment, ultimately striving to reduce death and disability caused by the condition.
• Being a WTD partner organization is required.
• Organize at least one (1) thrombosis awareness activity; activity will ideally be an in-person event but online activities with significant reach will be considered.
• The event/activity should motivate others within thrombosis advocacy programs in communities and countries around the world and exhibit innovative approaches to raise awareness and/or accomplish advocacy goals.
• Representative from the organization should be comfortable speaking to others about thrombosis awareness and the reason why the organization is dedicated to the cause.
The WTD 2021 Activity of the Year winning organization receives the following prize benefits:
• (1) complimentary exhibition booth space at the next ISTH annual congress to promote the winning organization’s programs and offerings (booth space and location to be determined by ISTH).
• (1) complimentary full registration to the next ISTH annual congress for a designated representative of the winning organization.
• Full paid travel stipend to the next ISTH annual congress for one (1) person. Stipend includes roundtrip economy-plus airfare (to be approved by ISTH), five (5) nights hotel accommodation, and daily meal stipend. Stipend is subject to final approval by the ISTH.
• Complimentary WTD activity award prize pack to be used at the winner’s next WTD event/activity, including WTD t-shirts and bracelets.
• Commemorative award plaque.
• Announcement on ISTH and WTD communication channels, including a press release and social media outreach, as well as promotional features throughout the year.
Ann Marie O'Neill of Thrombosis Ireland, inaugural Activity of the Year Award winner, shares what the award meant for their organization.